Monday, August 29, 2011

Half Hybrid Christmas Lodge

Good Morning!

I'm just now learning to use My Digital Studio...so this is my first project.
Here's what I did:
I printed out the Christmas Lodge Brush in Black, then the sentiment from the same set changing the color to Cherry Cobbler.  I colored in the lodge, trees and windows and added a little white gel pen for accent. 

  I used Dazzling Details to create the snow. 
(Caution...Dazzling Details WILL cause your marker/ dye ink to run, so apply carefully and keep away from the colored areas..this was my second try...first one bled like crazy!...But never fear, it CAN be done:)



Since I don't actually have Deck the Halls Fabric..I cheated a little and used last year's Deck the Halls DSP, but I stamped over the top of it with the retired background stamp Linen in Crumb Cake (eh, close enough, right?)

The design is a little CASE'ing with my own twist from Leena's gorgeous card HERE

Here's All the stuff I used:
Stamps: Christmas Lodge Brush set from MDS(125611) Instant Download available this Thursday), Linen (retired)
Papers:  Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Deck the Halls DSP (retired)
Inks:  Crumb Cake, Markers:  Poppy Parade, Cherry Cobbler, So Saffron, Garden Green, Blender Pen, White gel pen.
Accessories:  Big Shot, Pennant Punch, Dazzling Details, Snow Burst EB Folder, oval dies, Sponges, Cherry Cobbler quilted ribbon, Antique brad, glue dots.

Have a Happy Day!  Thanks for visiting :)
Hugs,

5 comments:

Louise Brown said...

Love your card with all that sparkle and the new ribbon. You've done a great job on your first MDS card. TFS
~Louise

Lynn said...

Your cards are gorgeous!

lisab said...

Beautiful! This card really leaps out of the gallery..

Patti said...

This is awesome.

Peni said...

are you kidding me...this is amazing!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! You have really made my day! :)
Happy Stampin'!